Thursday, December 23, 2004

Holiday Follies

Today I went ahead and finished the rest of the gift buying before the last minute shoppers swarmed the stores on Christmas Eve. A trip to Best Buy netted "Return of the King" extra- extra- extended version with additional footage of Frodo getting a pedicure and various other scenes they edited out of the film. Also snagged another X-box controller, that was a direct request from my 14 year old son. Best Buy was pretty busy, but no long winding lines back into the home electronic department so I ended up getting in and out pretty quick. Then on to the Wild Bird Center Store where I found the (sshhhhh) Squirrel feeder! Heck those things are not cheap, I think throwing stale bread and nuts on the deck may have been a better way to go. I will post a picture after Christmas when it is put up on the fence rail. The feed makes the squirrels work for their free handout..they have to open a lid and reach into the box to get a tidbit.

Back home I got the rest of the gifts wrapped and then finished frosting the sugar cookies I had made last night. Soooo, other then picking up the Christmas dinner (I ordered a Prime Rib gourmet dinner this year so I didn't have to spend Christmas cooking!) on the 24th, I think I am just about finished with everything. Keep your fingers crossed


Tina

No comments: